Ever find yourself thinking...
- I wish I had a place to wear the new Kelly Maglia sparkle onesie that I just got.
- I would really like to get over my stage fright. I’ve secretly wanted to perform ever since I was little, but I’m too scared to do it.
- I’m one of the top polers at my studio. How good am I compared to other polers?
- I wish there was a competition close by my hometown, so I wouldn’t have to spend so much money going out of state to perform.
- I have this amazing song and concept that I want to put together for a routine.
This could be you! Over 3,000 pole dancers compete each year in the world’s largest pole dancing competition series. We crown the U.S. National Pole Champion.
As an amateur poler, you have access to the same production team, 12’ truss-mounted poles, star backdrops, and lighting as the Professional competitors. Competition is your opportunity to practice and test performance skills, find your voice on stage, and show friends and family what you’ve been working on at the studio.
Once you graduate to the Professional level, you’ll compete for titles and over $7,500 in cash prizes. Title holders often get recruited for workshops, performances, and gigs at studios, competitions and productions around the world.
Choose your own adventure! You can pick from 5 skill levels, 5 age groups, and competition across the variety of styles found within the pole community: drama, entertainment, exotic, fitness, and floorwork.
How It Works
Pick your city. We have about 20 competitions per year all over the USA, Canada, and Switzerland. You can read about each event on its own page, or view our overall calendar to see a full list of dates for the year.
Register to compete! There are no submission videos and no requirements. All you have to do is sign up. Use our special Portal to create an account, manage your registration, upload music and props, and more. Click here to sign up for any competition.
- Pick your category and level. Are you into telling stories and creating characters on the pole? Or would you rather bust out the latest trick you saw on Instagram? Pick from a range of options including Championship, Doubles/Groups, Dramatic, Entertainment, Exotic, Floorwork & Low Flow, Showcase, and Showcase Plus. For Levels, there are 5 to choose from, depending on your current skill set.
- Train your booty off with your friends at home or at your studio. We’ll remind you by email about deadlines for music and prop submissions.
- Competition day! Start your day with a pole test to see the venue layout, get ready in the dressing room and meet the rest of the competitors, then step onto the stage and perform under beautiful lights.
- Do it for the pics! With our photo and video partners, Alloy Images, you get the best in the business taking photos and videos of your performance. Order on their website and then share your beastliness on Insta.
- Scores are posted at the event, and we’ll do an awards ceremony with medals for places 1, 2, and 3. You’ll receive your scores by email after the event with all the judge comments so that you know what to practice for next time. If you’re in the Professional division, you could be eligible to move to the next round to compete for the National title and over $9,000 in cash prizes.
- Celebrate! Lots of studios go out as a group after the last performance of the day, or hang out with the new polers that you met over the weekend.
- Repeat! With 20 shows per year between February and December, there will be another chance for you to rock that nude sparkle onesie.
EVEryone deserves the chance to be onstage
We believe that everyone has something to contribute.
Support with encouragement
We believe that questions and concerns should be answered with both the logical answer and the answer addressing the emotions behind the question.
Do the thing
We don’t do the show because we’re ready, we do the show because it’s 7:30pm and that’s when the schedule says it starts. We believe running our events on time and in a well organized way is the best way to respect the work of the competitors, volunteers, judges, audience members, and staff. Problem solving on the fly is a must!
You can sit with us
We are a neutral and non-biased space that respects people of all backgrounds, skills, identities, and studio affiliations. Meet polers from other studios, cheer for the dancers that you're competing against, and introduce shy family and friends to the pole community.
It takes a village
No one has success in a vacuum. We need everyone's participation, from competitors, volunteers, staff, judges, and audience members to make the experience come alive.
CUSTOMER SERVICE Manager
FRont of house managerS
Social Media Manager
Photos and Video